Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WAW

First and foremost,  I want to wish everyone luck this weekend at Wine & Dine!  I hope you have a blast, I'll be stalking following you on twitter and FB! Meg arrived yesterday, so I'm already getting my Disney fix on!  I cannot wait to see all the pics and hear about the meetup.  April (aka my twinkie) I'm excited you get to attend another RunDisney meetup and this time you'll know people! LOTS of photos, people.  LOTS.  I demand it!

Speaking of photos.  It is Wide-angle Wednesday, so I should get to it.  I had a photo shoot the other day and realized that the colors were peaking and wouldn't last much longer.  When I got home from the shoot, Savannah & I headed out for a walk to get some photos before all the color is gone.  We had to rush a bit as the sun was going down, but sunrise/sunset is the perfect lighting for anyone wondering, and so we did get lots of colorful shots.  I will have to do this in two separate WAW weeks because there are just too many photos for one post!   The first two shots are actually from the park where I had the photo shoot.



Savannah found a leaf that was as big as her head.  


On our way to the park. This is a street I run all the time on my 4 mile route around town. Tons of color!

 



We got to the park just in time to get a few shots before we lost the light.



I caught my favorite shot of the day (maybe even the year) when I turned to see Savannah taking her own pictures.  I LOVE this photo, I know part of it is because it's my daughter, but it's just beautiful to me. 
 

So, are you getting any vibrant color where you're at?  I have another Princess Half question to ask about the retreat, but I'm afraid to ask right now when everyone is busy with W&D, I will wait until the weekend is over in case people miss this post! Happy Running!! I have a 4 mile run on the training plan this morning.

16 comments:

  1. I wish Texas had those beautiful colors. That first photo you posted has got to be one of the most gorgeous landscape photos I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I always tell Rey, when he suggests moving to Florida, that I couldn't live without FALL! It's my favorite season.

      Delete
  2. Wow...LOVE the colors! This is my favorite time of year just because of that, the changing of the colors is amazing! So vibrant! Very well done, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena!! It's my favorite time of year as well, I just love it! Too bad winter comes next. LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness ALL of these photos are spectacular, especially the last picture. Gorgeous colors...we don't have that here unfortunately. Usually goes from green to brown. Hah. I'll be stalking the race this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! We had a really bad drought last summer and so last fall we just went totally brown, no fall at all...and I missed it! This year made up for it!

      Delete
  4. Those photos are beautiful! I live in Southern California, so we have some trees that change, but not enough to really make the entire landscape look alive with fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I'm in the Midwest, which doesn't get as colorful as the Northeast, from what I've seen, but at least we get some vibrant colors!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, these photographs are absolutely stunning! My favorite is the first one, makes me want to go there!
    All of our fall leaves have disappeared since we've been getting a lot of snow here in Utah lately, but even then we just don't see these types of colors here in this desert state:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! It goes so fast, I took these on Sunday and most of the leaves have fallen already. We had some storms/wind come through and blow everything away.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I am so jealous that you live in such beauty. Where I live the trees all stay green and I feel like it's never really fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Staying green sounds pretty nice too...at least it will in a month or two when I'm looking at the bleak, empty trees and freezing my arse off out there! LOL

      Delete
  7. Those are gorgeous! It makes it easier to be outside for workouts when that's the scenery you get to take in! - Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! I had such a fantastic run yesterday crunching around in the leaves and taking in all the colors. LOVE IT! Thanks Jess

      Delete
  8. BEAUTIFUL photos, Karen! We get wonderful colors here in Minnesota, especially on the North Shore along Lake Superior. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year, but it was way too short this year. We just had snow the other day! It's coming.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am sooo jealous of the pretty fall colors where you live! None of that here on the Gulf Coast. Most of the leaves on our trees are still green. Then they will just fall off and turn brown. Wish I was at Wine and Dine too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete