Friday, May 23, 2014

Frappy Hiday!

 Sorry for missing Wide-angle Wednesday, it seems to be a theme around here lately.  I should call this blog "LOST in a Glass Slipper." ;)  I have a good excuse though and I'll make up for it with photos, K? Work has been busy and will get even busier this weekend as everyone heads out of town.  Running has slowed down this week, I did get in a couple runs, one with my furry running companion yesterday.  

What has really taken up my time, however, is this little girl...


 I have a client that headed to Disney (of all places!) this week and called to let me know that a couple of the stray/feral cats that they feed on their porch had kittens.  This has happened a few times at this client but this time one of the kitties wasn't doing very well.  She was much smaller than the others and very weak.  I broke down and took her home.  I'm not sure what put me over the edge, I run into a LOT of animals that need rescuing and would have a house full of them if I did this all the time, but I couldn't leave her. 

She's tiny, just 9 ounces, although she is growing already after just 4 days of being fed well.  


We played around with calling her Frosty, she has this really cool frosty look about her coat...



 Savannah had an even better idea.  She's super vocal, lots of meowing and frosty colored, so Savannah said she was a perfect Elsa!  Loved it immediately, it suits her!

You don't get how small she is in photos until you see her during her bath... (sorry, it was night and dark lighting, but you get the idea)


We're totally smitten, she comes with us almost everywhere in a little carrier, since we have to feed her every couple hours.  Savannah takes care of her at night and keeps her in her room.  She's doing really well and seems a lot healthier already.  She had her first photo shoot yesterday cause that's how I roll in this house!  She did great, I think she's a natural.  LOL

 



 
 Why can't the other creatures in my house pose for the camera like this (I'm speaking of the humans, lol)  The vet thinks she's about 3-4 weeks old, we're unsure since the mama had them hidden and since she was clearly the runt and not as big as the others.  We have our hands full here, it's like having a baby again! 

I'm hoping to get another run in tomorrow or Sunday morning but  the holiday and the kitten seem to be sidetracking me a bit!  I hope everyone has a fabulous extra long weekend!!



10 comments:

  1. Awww bless you guys for opening your home and your hearts to baby Elsa! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a handful but so so so sweet! We're enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. Awe, what a cutie pie! And she is soooo tiny! Elsa is a perfect name for her! Great job for taking care of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is super tiny, I have never cared for such a young kitty. She's very attached to Savannah already and just likes to lay in her lap all the time.

      Delete
  3. "Lost in a glass slipper" is a great name! We miss you in the blogosphere but when you don't post it just means you are having fun with family (which is better anyway)!

    Your pics of Elsa are so cute!
    I'll be pet sitting this weekend for a friend. I have her dog at my house (along with my two dogs). It's gonna be a long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, have fun with that! I have brought clients here a few times but it gets pretty crazy with doggie-play and my cats hate it!

      Delete
  4. You all are so sweet for taking this sweet girl in!! My heart melts just looking at her, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so adorable, Savannah & I find ourselves squealing and saying Awwwww every other minute! LOL

      Delete
  5. She is such a cute teeny little doll!

    ReplyDelete